View The Southside Six in a larger map
The Southside Six begins near to the flagpole in Queen’s Park. From there the route heads down through Battlefield towards King’s Park and then on to Linn Park. Leaving Linn Park the route passes through Clarkston Toll and onwards to Rouken Glen Park. Next stop is Pollok Country Park before the penultimate Bellahouston Park and finally back to Queen’s Park for the finish line at the flagpole.
The route is approximately 26km and should take an average runner around 3 hours to complete.
- Stage 1: Queen’s Park to King’s Park
- Stage 2: King’s Park to Linn Park
- Stage 3: Linn Park to Rouken Glen Park
- Stage 4: Rouken Glen Park to Pollok Country Park
- Stage 5: Pollok Country Park to Bellahouston Park
- Stage 6: Bellahouston Park to Queen’s Park
There will be checkpoints located along the way which you must pass through in order to complete the event. These checkpoints will be strategically located in order to coerce you into following the route above. There will also be water stations located along the route so it is in your interest to stick to it!
As mentioned, the main aim of The Southside Six is to enjoy running through the parks and green spaces in southern Glasgow!